Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hello, Kitty

Dear Lila,

One of your favorite phrases at the moment is "Me, too!" You want to be included in everything so if I ask GuhGaw, "Do you want a snack?" or "Can you help me carry this?", you raise your hand and say, "Me, too! Me, too!" Even if I tell Connor, "I have to cut your fingernails," you chirp, "Me, too!" and stick your hand in my face.

You also often reply "Yeah, sure!" when someone asks you a question and constantly say "No, me!" when you want to do something on your own, which is almost all of the time. Whether I am trying to help you wash your hands, brush your teeth, pour milk into your cereal bowl or spread cream cheese on your toast, you frequently protest, "No, me!" I'm proud (and a little sad!) of how independent you want to be and how you can actually do a lot of things now without my assistance. Like using scissors! I just showed you how to cut paper with safety scissors a couple of times and today, you were able to cut paper by yourself.

In other news, you are definitely not lacking in confidence--yesterday, you were looking at your reflection in the mirror, went right up to it and said, "Cuuuuute!" Oh, and you have also decided that you are a cat. You constantly crawl around on the floor, say "meow" and even lick my leg. Um, okay.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment