Thursday, April 12, 2018

Morning Rush

Dear Lila,

I dream that one day, my kids will get up on their own on school days, eat their breakfasts quickly, brush their teeth, put their shoes on and get out the door on time without me having to say every two minutes, "Come ON! Let's GO! You have to go to SCHOOL!"

Today was not that day. You kept pulling your comforter over your head when I was trying to get you out of bed and you sleepily stumbled over to your toy shelf, stood for a minute at your desk and plopped into your armchair for a beat before eventually making it into the bathroom--and you whined the whole way. (You, like your mama, are not a morning person and I get that but how are you so tired in the mornings?! You go to bed at 7:30pm and sleep until 6:30am--that's 11 whole hours, almost half a day!) I went into GuhGaw's room three times to tell him to get dressed and on my third trip back, he had taken his pajama bottoms off but still hadn't put his regular pants on or even taken off his pajama top. Breakfast was also painstakingly slow--both of you took a bite of waffle, goofed around for a few minutes, ate a spoonful of cereal, chattered for a few more minutes. I had to say "Stop talking and eat your breakfast!" so many times that I lost count. I also begged, "Guys, can you please get ready for school without me yelling at you every other minute? All this yelling every day is making me look so old and tired." You replied, "You don't look old. You look like a perfect mama."

Well, if all the yelling has taken years off of my life, that comment definitely added back at least a couple! Thank you, sweetie!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment