Friday, December 27, 2013

You're One Year Old!

Dear Lila,

Happy birthday, sweetheart! I honestly can't believe that an entire year has gone by since you came into this world. I feel like it's only been a few months since we first met but you are already 1 year old, crawling and cruising everywhere, babbling constantly and doing big-girl things like initiating games of peekaboo with me, poring through books, showing off your fine motor skills by picking up toy coins and putting them in your piggy bank and helping me clean your high chair tray by wiping it with a napkin after you eat. It has been amazing to witness all of your firsts this past year and I can't wait to see what else you have in store. 


I always wanted to have a little girl and you are everything I wished for and then some! I love how you always greet me with your beautiful smile when I go into your room in the morning, how you shriek with delight when I chase you across the living room floor and how you smile and excitedly throw your hands up in the air when you realize that it's time for you to eat. I love that you are so interested in books (for reading and not just using as chew toys) and that you bounce up and down and dance whenever you hear a good song. It's so cute that you now wave whenever someone says "bye," that you can (kind of) blow kisses and that ripping up tissues and napkins can provide so much entertainment for you. I love your sweet little giggles when I tickle you, the way you always crawl into my lap when I sit down on the floor near you and how you lay your head on my shoulder and pat my back when you hug me. I am so happy and blessed because every day, I get to wake up and be your mama. I love you so very much.

By the way, we spent your first birthday at an indoor water park, which, as birthday festivities go, is a pretty awesome way to celebrate the big day!


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment