Monday, February 1, 2016

Awesome Big Sis

Dear Lila,

You always take such good care of your baby brother and I don't even have to ask you to do it. This afternoon, our hot water heater wasn't working and I was on the phone with the repairman, who was giving me instructions on how to fix it over the phone. My cell phone doesn't get any reception in the basement where the heater is so I had to stand in the living room to talk to the repairman on my phone, run downstairs to do what he told me to do, run back upstairs to tell him that the hot water still wasn't on, run downstairs again to try another thing, go upstairs to tell him that didn't work, either, etc. That alone was chaotic enough but DiDi was also in his high chair and crying at the top of his lungs because he wanted me to hold him. Witnessing the situation, you went over to DiDi and tried to calm him down by talking to him and giving him toys. At one point, you were shaking his ball rattle and when he kept crying, you shouted to me, "Ball not working! DiDi still crying!"

You weren't able to get DiDi to stop crying but I am so proud of you for trying to!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment