Monday, March 21, 2016

Big Laughs

Dear Lila,

I've said it so many times before and I'll say it again: You are growing so big so fast! I just bought some things for your summer wardrobe and since your current shirts, pants and shoes are already getting a little snug, I ordered the next sizes up: size 7 clothes and size 11 sandals. GuhGaw wears size 12 shoes but he still fits into his size 6 clothes so your clothes are officially bigger than your big brother's!

You are a big girl who also gives me big laughs with all of the funny things you do and say. Some recent examples:

-There was a hole in the knee of one of your leggings, so you went into the study, grabbed a piece of tape and put it over the hole.

-You found a dead ladybug in the play attic and told me, "Ladybug no coal." I didn't understand you and asked you, "Coal? What do you mean, the ladybug's not coal?" You sighed, exaggeratedly crawled across the floor and said, "Coal!" Ohhhhh, crawl! The ladybug's not crawling!

-When I scold GuhGaw, I often ask him, "You understand me?" Now, you say the same thing to me sometimes, except you say, "You unnertand me?"

-I realized that you can't pronounce the letter s and drop it when it's at the beginning of a word, so smile becomes "mile," school becomes "cool," squirrel becomes "quirrel" and so on. I have to admit, I find your baby talk comforting--my baby girl is still in there! You're not a total big girl yet!

Playing firefighter

-You ate a lot at dinner last night and I said I didn't think you'd have room for dessert. You pointed at your hip and said, "I have room right here."

-GuhGaw often reads aloud to us and points to the words as he reads them. You have started copying him. You can't read yet but you point to the words as you "read" them, i.e. recite made-up stories based on what you see in the pictures.

-You like to clip a blanket around your waist and turn it into a skirt. You also often ask me to clip one into the back of your shirt to make a cape. You are definitely my Supergirl!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment