Monday, March 28, 2016

Crazy Day

Dear Lila,

So here's how yesterday went:

-At 7am in the morning, GuhGaw came into my room and told me he had wet his bed.

-I threw his pee-soaked clothes and bed linens into the laundry closet.

-Daddy showered GuhGaw and I checked on DiDi, who had also wet the bed.

-I threw his pee-soaked clothes and linens into the laundry closet and bathed him.

-Later in the morning, I sat down on the couch to nurse DiDi and he spit up on my shirt sleeve, his pants and the couch.

-I put our dirty clothes and the couch covers in the laundry closet.

-You got a splinter while playing in the attic with Daddy. No soiled laundry resulted but you did need a Band-Aid.

-After you went to bed at night, I heard you coughing. I checked on you and found you in bed, covered in your own vomit. I carried you out of bed and you continued to throw up on the floor. When I ran out to get some paper towels, you followed me, stepped in your vomit and tracked it across the room.

-Daddy mopped the floor. I showered you and put your super gross pajamas and bed linens in the laundry closet.

-I was getting clean sheets for your bed when you came running into the room. You tripped on your too-long pajama pants, which I had meant to roll up but didn't, and banged your mouth right on the sharp corner of the open dresser drawer. It cut your lip open and there was so much blood. I hugged you tightly and shrieked, "What is going ON with this day?!?!?"

-Your blood-stained shirt joined the straight-up MOUNTAIN of soiled pajamas, sheets, mattress pads, blankets and couch covers that was already in the laundry closet and I wanted to join the (clean) blanket on my bed and sleep for a month. Gaaaaaaaaaah!!!

I faced a never-ending laundry marathon but you definitely got the worst of it today. Nonetheless, you were your usual resilient self and bounced back quickly from each situation. Your lip must have hurt pretty badly but you only cried for a little bit and bravely stood there while Daddy put ice on it. Funny side note: GuhGaw knew you had banged your mouth and when he heard Daddy dumping the ice into your bathroom sink afterward, he called out from his bedroom, shocked and alarmed, "Were those Lila's teeth?!?"

Daddy came home tonight and asked me how my day was. Compared to yesterday? No one wet the bed, threw up or cut his or her lip so it was a definite success!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment