Thursday, March 9, 2017

Tears of Love

Dear Lila,

When I tuck you in at night, you always ask if I can cuddle with you. Sometimes I can't because I have housework to do or school bags to pack or it's late and you need to fall asleep. But we get to cuddle at least a few times a week and it's one of my favorite things. I love laying next to you and talking to you about whatever comes to mind. You always insist that I wrap my arm around you and try to trick me into staying longer when I eventually get up ("Mama, one more huggie! One more kissie! I have to tell you a secret in your ear!"). The other night, I told you that I love you and that you are my favorite girl in the whole world. You said that I am your favorite girl in the whole world and then you started tearing. I asked you what was wrong and you replied, "I'm just crying because I love you so much." And then Mama started crying, too.

I love you to the moon and back, baby girl.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment