Saturday, December 16, 2017

Playing With Sprinkles

Dear Lila,

I love watching you play. It's so fascinating to see what imaginary scenarios you create in your mind with your toys . . . or any other objects you turn into playthings. Yesterday, you were helping me decorate your cake for your birthday party (this year's requested theme: Trolls!) and you were standing next to me at the kitchen counter. While I was arranging the Trolls figurines on top of the cake, you took two shorter bottles of sprinkles and made them "walk" up to a taller bottle of sprinkles. You said in a high-pitched voice, "Can you take us to the park?" Then you picked up the taller "mom" sprinkles and said, "Yes. Hold my hand." You walked all three bottles over to several tubes of frosting that were also on the counter and you said those were the cousins and proceeded to act out an afternoon at the park with the sprinkles kids and their frosting cousins. Watching you play that was more entertaining (and cuter!) than anything I've seen on TV!

And here are some party pics. You had so much fun playing in the make-believe town with your buddies!




Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment