Dear Lila,
We don't watch a lot of TV together as a family because a) I'd prefer we do something else (read, play a board game, hang out in the play attic) and b) we are all very different people in different age groups wth different interests (ex: I love DiDi but I have zero interest in watching a dinosaur documentary with him; meanwhile, I could spend hours watching travel videos on YouTube but those bore all of you).
However, we discovered a rare gem this summer that we all wanted to watch called Destination X. It was a reality competition series on NBC where contestants were blindfolded and taken to various European cities--they had to play games, collect clues and figure out which city they were in. A contestant was eliminated each week and the show had a little bit of everything: beautiful shots of charming European towns, humor, suspense, unexpected twists, double crossings, a cute (to me) host (Jeffrey Dean Morgan!) and even romance (kind of--two of the contestants started dating but we learned that they broke up shortly after the show ended, sad). You, me, DiDi and MuiMui got soooo into Destination X--we enjoyed every episode, had fun trying to figure out the city before they revealed it and couldn't wait for each new episode. When we watched the finale, the twists and final reveal of the winner were so good, we were literally bouncing on the couch and screaming!
It was really fun watching the show all together! Each episode was so good and after we watched it, we'd discuss everything that happened. I'm sad that it's over now and the four of us don't have a show to bond over each week. I hope they renew it for a second season!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment