Saturday, August 30, 2014

Happy Homecoming

Dear Lila,

You may have noticed that Daddy and I weren't around for the past few days. Instead, GongGong, PoiPoi and Uncle Tony came to take care of you and GuhGaw while Daddy and I took a trip to Chicago. There were a lot of firsts. It was Daddy and my first time in Chicago; the first time we tried authentic Chicago deep-dish pizza (I still like New York pizza better but the deep-dish was good, too); the first time we went on a vacation with just the two of us since having kids and the very first time I left you. I have been with you every single day since (and before) you were born and this marked the first time I was ever away from you. And I'm not gonna lie: When I realized that fact while Daddy and I were eating breakfast at the airport on the morning we left, I totally started crying into my multigrain bagel.

Daddy and I did have a nice getaway. We saw all the sights, did some shopping and ate so much yummy food. And it was *great* being able to sleep in, go out without having to worry about nap schedules or packing the diaper bag and avoid having to listen to the Frozen soundtrack for the millionth time. But I am ultimately a mom and there was nothing like coming home to you guys tonight! The way Connor charged at me when I came through the door and hugged me so tightly and the way you kept smiling and also hugging me so tightly and not letting me put you down--best feeling in the world :)

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment