Saturday, February 23, 2019

Toast of the Town

Dear Lila,

Yesterday, I taught you how to use the toaster oven to make toast and you were so excited about learning this new skill that I said you can make my toast every morning. So this morning, you did just that while I was still in bed. You put a slice of bread in the toaster and when it was done, you put it on a plate, took the cream cheese out of the fridge and used a butter knife to slather cream cheese on the toast. You excitedly came and got me out of bed and I went downstairs to eat the first breakfast you had ever made for me. I took a big bite and, well, almost gagged. You, my little chef-in-training, had put chive and onion cream cheese on a slice of sweet blueberry toast. Gotta say, not my favorite flavor combination but I am proud of you for making me breakfast all on your own. Thank you, sweetie!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment