Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Perfect Moment

Dear Lila,

Funny things you said today:

-"Happy thank . . . happy give . . . happy thank . . . I can't say it." (You were trying to say "Happy Thanksgiving" but you couldn't remember that many syllables.)

-We were looking at photos from before you were born and you asked where you were. I said you hadn't been born yet and you replied, "I was at supermarket with Daddy?" That led to a conversation about how Daddy and I made you and you asked, "Why I no make myself?"

-You farted and said matter-of-factly, "My butt did that."

Other happenings today:

-I feed you lunch before you go to school but you didn't want to eat anything today. I couldn't even get you to eat a pouch of applesauce or drink a juice box because you said your mouth hurt. I didn't see any blisters or redness on your gums, though, and whatever was causing the pain apparently disappeared after you arrived at school because your class had a Thanksgiving feast and your teacher said you were so dead set on finishing all of your food, you didn't want them to throw away your plate when it was time for dismissal. So when I picked you up, your teacher handed me your plate and you cutely sat on the steps in front of your school and ate every last morsel of roast turkey, stuffing, cornbread and yams. Strange how you didn't eat lunch at home on the one day you got so much food at school--did you know and want to save room in your stomach?

-When I pick you up from school, you are usually so tired that you just want to sit in your stroller and eat a snack. But I guess you got a burst of energy from all of those Thanksgiving carbs because you wanted to play in the park across from your school today. It wasn't too cold so we stayed for awhile and I had so much fun chasing you around the trees and through the piles of leaves. It was actually a pretty perfect moment: the sun was shining, the air was crisp, you had such a joyful smile on your face as I chased you and your adorable giggles echoed through the park. As it was happening, I wanted to remember it forever. I hope you will.



Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment