Sunday, December 27, 2015

You're Three Years Old!

Dear Lila,

Rice is one of your favorite foods and when PoiPoi was eating fried rice for lunch the other day, you asked her for some. PoiPoi shared her rice with you and then asked if she should save the rest for you. You replied, "No, save it for Mama." I was nursing your baby brother on the couch at the time and hadn't said anything and it touched me so much that you were thinking of me.

Your thoughtfulness touched me, but it did not surprise me because you have always been so sweet and considerate. You play and share so nicely with other kids. If you see me get hurt, you immediately ask me, "You ok?" When DiDi is crying, you run over to him, pat him and say, "Sawyer, I here! It's okay! I love you!" (And when that doesn't soothe him, you call out to me, "DiDi crying! DiDi crying!")

Every night, I ask you, "Who is my favorite little girl?" Then you smile and chirp, "Me!" And that is and will forever be true. You are my #1 girl and to paraphrase one of your favorite bedtime books, I Love You Through and Through, I love your kind side, your brave side, your nurturing side and your silly side. I love your giggles, the funny faces you make and the way you mispronounce words like "bloon" (balloon) and "ockypuss" (octopus). I love that you love school (you always ask to go to school and get so disappointed when it's not a school day), that you like so many foods most little kids do not (i.e. steamed crabs and roasted salmon) and that you enjoy watching monster trucks ("Blaze and the Monster Machines") as much as you enjoy watching princesses ("Sofia the First"). I especially love how happy you look when the two of us get to cuddle--I love our cuddles, too!


Over the past three years, you have grown into an amazing daughter, sister, friend and person and I am so happy and proud to be your mama. Happy birthday, Lilabear!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment